Thursday, September 22, 2011

Off to the Races

Sean started school last week and he took his teacher a beautiful handmade card. I think I even heard her squeal over it. And my son had never been more proud of one of his creations. As promised, here are pictures of his card. I allowed Sean to use a bag of scraps that had been given to me by my friend Gilda Fellows and some of the papers were already stamped so he cut around the stamps. I also got out my Big Shot and allowed my husband to cut some dies of Sean's choice. Lastly, he had found some stickers and then he was off into complete creative mode. I'm sure that there will be more of his work to share in the future.

inside of card
front of card
Sunday, September 18 we took a bus ride to Twin Ring Motegi for the last Indy Car race to be held in Japan. We were able to attend this function because we are friends with some Boy Scouts who were able to secure some tickets and by doing so we were also able to go down to the pits and view the car prior to the race. My husband was in complete heaven because he got to play with his cameras. Here are just a few of my favorite pics that he took.
Sean down in the pits before the race.





Well there hasn't been to much else going on around here. I have been trying to get some projects complete but then I get distracted or find out about a birthday and decide to switch gears. In the last few days I have made a couple of cards for my friends who have little ones turning 1 in the next week. I have found my inspiration for these cards from others and I would like to share them with you.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted the sign for that race track and now I actually know what that place is called. I swear I can't hardly ever understand much of what that "whats happening outside the gate" lady says ever. lol Cute cards too. The Elmo one is especially cute. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete