Sunday, September 11, 2011

So, here is my gang of mischief makers!


Sean is 4 years old, he was born in Okinawa, Japan. Sean will be starting Sure Start (aka preschool) on Thursday, September 15. I am excited for him to make new friends and to develop more social relationships, however, I am also a little nervous about him riding the school bus. He has a love for doing everything that I am doing whether it be arts and crafts or baking in the kitchen. But don't let it be said that he doesn't enjoy being around his dad, who definitely is the more FUN parent.

Jackson is just over a year old and was born in Tachikawa, Japan (which is just outside of Tokyo). It really is true when they say that each child is completely different. This little guy knows how to EAT. He walks and almost runs behind his big brother. The two of them are almost inseparable. I truly love watching them together as they learn and explore life.

My husband is Greg and he is a member of the United States Air Force. It's his passion for photography that drives us to go out and explore the local area. In the last month, we have visited the East Imperial Gardens, Greg climbed Mt. Fuji, we played games at Joypolis, saw the animals at the Ueno Zoo, and a train ride to Hachioji just to see what's there.

We are Ohio State Buckeye fans and living overseas we don't always get to watch the game live (so no spoilers please). We use what some might call "the poor mans TIVO" = a VHS, to record the games and watch later but then there are times that the games are not even aired over here. :(

And then there is Me, I go by Chrissy and I love my life. I have always enjoyed baking goodies and getting to be a little crafty. Sometimes, I bake too much and have Greg take the "extras" to work for his co-workers. I am sure that all of the single people appreciate a little bit of home. I've been a scrapbooker for the past 8 years or so and in the last year I have added in card making along with other paper crafting.

As I mentioned earlier, Sean is beginning preschool this week and I had seen a tutorial at UStamp with Dawn and Friends (I Heart the Holidays 2011 event), that I just had to make for his NEW teacher. Here is the result of this find.
I made this box along with 24-3"x3" pinwheel cards that I CASEd from Monika Davis. I'll be sure to keep you all posted with his teacher's reaction to her gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment